Explore the 3D Warehouse, learn how to find well-made models, and learn how to organize your favorite models.
- [Instructor] While it's great to draw…your own objects in SketchUp,…oftentimes it's fast and easy to find something…you're looking for in the 3D Warehouse.…To access the 3D Warehouse,…you must be connected to the internet.…It's found under this icon here,…this box with the SketchUp logo coming out of it,…or you can use the Window dropdown menu, 3D Warehouse.…The 3D Warehouse has items as small as a nail…and as large as a city.…Anyone can submit a model, which makes the warehouse large,…but it can also make it a bit tricky…to sift through at times.…
To search for a model,…type a description in the Search menu.…I'm going to look for a mailbox for the front of the house.…Mailbox, Enter.…I can use the dropdown menu in the top right…to refine my search a little bit more.…I'm going to search by popularity.…Once you find the model in the Preview area that you like,…you can either download it directly from this window…using the Download icon here,…or you can click on the thumbnail…to find more information about it.…
I can see that this model is made by SketchUp,…
- Navigating the interface for Mac and Windows
- Customizing toolbars
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Modeling from a floor plan image
- Resizing and rotating objects
- Using organizational tools
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials
- Animating and exporting your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
What you should know1m 16s
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Modeling from a Floor Plan Image
7. Document and Stylize
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.