Wearables are growing trend in the technology industry. In this video, we discuss how to use a template to build a watchOS app home screen in Sketch.
- [Narrator] In this section, we'll cover…designing for wearables.…Like the last section, I would strongly suggest…checking out the iOS documentation…for how to design wearables.…Designing for a wearable has some significant differences…to designing for a handset, tablet,…or desktop application or even a website.…Watch us start with a single screen…without interactive elements.…It simply displays information, which can be tacked…to open the corresponding watch app.…Watches are opt in, which means that a user…has to explicitly select the glances they want…to see on their device.…
It's an elegant and simple way to show information…about their favorite apps.…What differentiates a glance from the app itself,…is that a glance is a single screen…and as a result, loads more quickly.…Glances are often easier and quicker to access…than the corresponding Apple Watch app.…In Sketch, you'll notice that I've already…brought in our Apple Watch 42 millimeter art board.…There is an option for an Apple Watch…38 millimeter as well.…
- Extending Sketch
- Building a style guide
- Using styles and symbols
- Working with artboards
- Making responsive wireframes
- Using responsive design plugins: Artboard Zoom, Sketch Focus, Craft, and more
- Exporting your design
- Building a mobile app for iOS, Android, or watchOS
- Integrating other tools in your Sketch workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/15/2018. What changed?
A: We updated a new number of videos about third-party resources, such as the Sketch App Sources website and plugins like Marketch and Craft, to reflect the most recent changes to those resources.
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Using Outside Resources
2. Beyond the Basics
3. Responsive Design
4. Mobile Design
5. Extending beyond Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.