In this video, we discuss how to manipulate templates with color and icons to fit our design while building our mobile app screens.
- [Instructor] In this video we're gonna cover…iOS navigational elements and how to manipulate symbols.…Now these elements are here on the board and you can…see them as you zoom out with command, minus sign,…or alternatively you can see them over here.…They're not actually on the art board,…this is how Sketch puts things within…a page without actually putting it on the art board,…is they'll put it above the art boards…so that you can go ahead and select them as you need them.…
So let's go ahead and deselect those items…and grab our navigation bar,…and drag and drop it in and put it up at the top here.…Now, the other elements are out of sight…but we can see them over here,…so let's go ahead and grab out bottom bar.…It's probably down below so let's maybe zoom out.…Go ahead and command, minus,…and we'll go ahead and select that and drag that…and bring that up,…and then let's grab out status bar and also bring that in.…
Now if you remember from an earlier video,…we do command, four and we can zoom back in,…and now we have the elements on the page to get us started.…
- Extending Sketch
- Building a style guide
- Using styles and symbols
- Working with artboards
- Making responsive wireframes
- Using responsive design plugins: Artboard Zoom, Sketch Focus, Craft, and more
- Exporting your design
- Building a mobile app for iOS, Android, or watchOS
- Integrating other tools in your Sketch workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Using Outside Resources
2. Beyond the Basics
3. Responsive Design
4. Mobile Design
5. Extending beyond Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.