Knowing how to work with text is essential when you’re using Sketch for UX design. In this video, learn how to add text layers to a wireframe, learn the difference between auto and fixed-size text layers, and get a brief overview of how to create and update reusable text styles for your designs.
- [Instructor] Now that we have a basic layout…for our home screen, let's start adding some text.…To add a new text layer, we can click on the insert menu…here in the toolbar, and select text.…Or we can type the keyboard shortcut, which is the letter T.…Let's go back to the canvas and hit T,…and then we can click to add a text layer.…This top gallery will be for featured recipes,…so let's type featured, and then hit escape.…Now we'll be able to see our new text layer…over in the layers list, and over here…in the inspector panel, we'll be able to start…changing the font and the other text settings.…
For these headings I'll be using open sans condensed…from Google fonts.…This font is included in the exercise files…if you'd like to use it.…Or you can go to fonts.google.com and search for open sans.…If you click on the plus icon, you can add…open sans and open sans condensed, and then…you'll be able to open up this panel,…and click to download them both.…You can also use another font on your system if you'd like.…
- Navigating the canvas
- Creating wireframes
- Working with shapes, text, images, and masks
- Managing layers
- Creating and nesting symbols
- Using the Vector tool
- Extending Sketch with design plugins
- Creating, sharing, and managing libraries
- Collaborating with Sketch Cloud
- Exporting assets
- Creating style guides and design systems
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Design System with Sketchwith Anne Grundhoefer1h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Navigating the canvas2m 51s
2. Creating Wireframes
3. Visual Design and Symbols
Creating a library6m 44s
5. Prototyping and Collaboration
6. Exporting and Asset Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.