In this video, Emmanuel Henri provides the right expectations around what you should know prior to taking this course. Some experience with Sketch is expected.
- [Man] As this course is about designing a purchase workflow, following user experience best practices in Sketch, and not necessarily an introduction to Sketch, some knowledge how to operate the software is a must if you want to be successful in this course. If you aren't familiar with creating new art boards, adding shapes or text, or how to modify its properties, I suggest you take a basic course on Sketch first. I will cover some of the basics as I build the designs, but it won't be a thorough exploration of Sketch.
Sketch, being software only for Mac, this course is focused for people having Mac software and hardware. At the moment, there are no versions for Windows.
- Getting visual inspiration for your project
- Researching a user-friendly purchase flow
- Creating initial mockups
- Adding an initial background with symbols
- Creating the shipping view
- Creating the payment view with credit card fields
- Creating the order success view
- Labeling and organizing artboards to make them ready for exporting