This course is written for those whom may have a little experience with designing for mobile but don't quite have the full grasp of the differences between Android and iOS. As such they may want to dig deeper and learn more.
- [Instructor] In this course we are breaking down the differences between iOS and material design. It's always wise, when planning our designs, that we first think about our users' behavior, design for content first, and then begin to dig into navigation. Since this course isn't about the theory of mobile design but the actual design and practice when building a mobile app, we will not cover in depth those elements. They are just good things to be thinking about in advance. This course is great for those with some background or knowledge in user experience design, and have maybe designed their first mobile app, but now want to dig deeper and have a more solid level of understanding around Android and iOS platforms, to ensure that you're following platform standards.
- Understanding gestures
- Laying out your apps
- Using adaptive views
- Adding animation and interactions
- Setting up notifications
- Understanding differences in the visual design: typography, color, and more
- Accommodating keyboard differences
- Building a complete cross-platform app