If you're building modules or regularly using elements like buttons, then symbols can help speed your workflow. In this video, we discuss using symbols.
- [Narrator] In this video,…we're gonna talk about using Symbols in Sketch.…Historically, for older Sketch users,…Symbols have been really problematic.…However, the people at Bohemian Coding are constantly…working on updating them and making them more reliable.…Symbols are a special kind of group…that can be used and reused throughout your designs.…With Symbols you can go ahead and…make changes to them in one place and…they will update all throughout your document.…So you really want to be careful when using Symbols…to make sure that if you are, in fact,…going to make a change, that you either detach from Symbols,…which we'll talk about in a moment,…or if you do want that change throughout your document,…that this is a change you wanna make…so you will go ahead and create this change and…it will be all replicated throughout the entire document.…
So let's go back to our website and look at things…that we can create as Symbols.…There is this West London button, there's a drop arrow here,…there's some icons down below the Nav bar.…
- Extending Sketch
- Building a style guide
- Using styles and symbols
- Working with artboards
- Making responsive wireframes
- Using responsive design plugins: Artboard Zoom, Sketch Focus, Craft, and more
- Exporting your design
- Building a mobile app for iOS, Android, or watchOS
- Integrating other tools in your Sketch workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Using Outside Resources
2. Beyond the Basics
3. Responsive Design
4. Mobile Design
5. Extending beyond Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.