Hotspots can be used to create a clickable area over any element in a Sketch prototype. Since hotspots can be any size, this can be used to create larger click targets. Hotspots can also be added to symbols, which allow the same symbol to be set up as a link, with a target that can be selected in the overrides panel.
- Before we start, I want to mention…that I've added a few new screens…and some symbols to the exercise file so that we can…take a look at some more prototyping features.…So if you just finished watching…the last video in this course,…then go ahead and open up the new exercise file…for this video and you'll be able to follow along.…In this file,…there are already a few prototyping links set up.…When we preview the prototype,…we'll see that this first tile…links to our shrimp pasta screen…and the second tile links over…to our baja fish tacos screen.…
Now, let's add another prototyping link…so that the view all link takes us over…to our view all recipes screen.…One way we could set up this link is to command click…on the view all text and then add a normal prototyping link.…But if we use command + to zoom in a little bit,…we'll see that the borders of that link…are actually pretty small…so if we just add a normal prototyping link…we won't have a very clickable area.…And especially when we're designing mobile apps,…
- Navigating the canvas
- Creating wireframes
- Working with shapes, text, images, and masks
- Managing layers
- Creating and nesting symbols
- Using the Vector tool
- Extending Sketch with design plugins
- Creating, sharing, and managing libraries
- Collaborating with Sketch Cloud
- Exporting assets
- Creating style guides and design systems
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Design System with Sketchwith Anne Grundhoefer1h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Navigating the canvas2m 51s
2. Creating Wireframes
3. Visual Design and Symbols
Creating a library6m 44s
5. Prototyping and Collaboration
6. Exporting and Asset Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.