One of the biggest advantages of Sketch is the ability to use all your artboards in one page. In this video, we discuss how to access and use artboards in Sketch.
- [Instructor] In this video, we will go ahead and cover…using artboards in Sketch.…With Sketch's multiple artboards in one file,…color and style management make it very easy…to build out an entire site in one file,…copy and paste elements across pages,…use and reutilize styles.…All of this would have been much harder…in an App like Photoshop where you would have to use…multiple files in order to cover…an entire responsive website.…In this section, we're going to cover how to do…Responsive Design in Sketch, utilizing things like…layers,…plugins,…and all the styling we built previously.…
Whatever Sketch lacks, the plugins make up for.…Since Sketch is vector-based, and Responsive Design…is all vector, HTML, and CSS, Sketch is perfect.…Everything you design in Sketch can be applied…in HTML and CSS.…In the age of Responsive Design, creating a design…in vectors is key.…Designers constantly have to think about high definition…versus normal definition displays,…narrow versus wide screens, and so on.…Building designs that rescale for all of these formats…
- Extending Sketch
- Building a style guide
- Using styles and symbols
- Working with artboards
- Making responsive wireframes
- Using responsive design plugins: Artboard Zoom, Sketch Focus, Craft, and more
- Exporting your design
- Building a mobile app for iOS, Android, or watchOS
- Integrating other tools in your Sketch workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
UX Design Tools: Flinto for Macwith Nathan Manousos52m 49s Beginner
1. Using Outside Resources
2. Beyond the Basics
3. Responsive Design
4. Mobile Design
5. Extending beyond Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.