Once you have built your style guide, it's important to bring your font choices into Sketch. Utilizing text styles in Sketch can help speed up your visual design process. In this video, we discuss how to use text styles.
- [Instructor] And now that we got our Google Font…downloaded and installed on our system,…let's go ahead and get started with our text styles.…Now, similar to color styles we can go ahead…and use text styles in much the same way.…Not only is it a similar way in which we set up…the text styles but it's also used similarly…throughout Sketch.…So once again, let's go back to the Landon Hotel…and take a look at the different fonts here…on their website.…
We see this huge text at the top.…It's kinda like a logo, then there's some text here…in the button.…And one is really heavy and large and the other one's…smaller and not as heavy in terms of the font weight.…And then you go further down and we have some other colors…other than white.…There's some black and some white and this kind of…brown color, blue for link text.…Then we have this kind of light blue and a yellow,…as well as some white body copy as well.…
So there's a lot of different font styles…within this website and we wanna be able…to capture them all in Sketch.…
- Extending Sketch
- Building a style guide
- Using styles and symbols
- Working with artboards
- Making responsive wireframes
- Using responsive design plugins: Artboard Zoom, Sketch Focus, Craft, and more
- Exporting your design
- Building a mobile app for iOS, Android, or watchOS
- Integrating other tools in your Sketch workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
UX Design Tools: Flinto for Macwith Nathan Manousos52m 49s Beginner
1. Using Outside Resources
2. Beyond the Basics
3. Responsive Design
4. Mobile Design
5. Extending beyond Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.