Sketch has a lot of great styles and visual effects that can be used to bring a design to life. In this video, see how to use gradients and background blurs to add more visual interest to a design and how to quickly copy and paste styles from one element to another.
- [Instructor] A couple of the visual effects…that we'll definitely want to know how to work with…are gradients and blurs.…So, let's take a look at those now.…Let's head over to our Ingredients section.…I'll hit Command + Plus to zoom in.…Here at the bottom where we have this Show More link,…this would be a nice place to add a gradient…so that it looks like this last ingredient is fading away.…That'll give the impression…that there really is more to see here.…Let's hit R to create a new rectangle…and drag it out and make it about 50 pixels tall.…It doesn't have to be exact.…
Then we can click on the tile for the fill color…and change it to a linear gradient.…When we change it to a gradient,…we'll get these gradient handles.…One at the top and one at the bottom.…And we can also click to edit the stops…here on the gradient slider.…Let's change both of these stops to a white color.…I'll Double Click on the hex code and change it to FFF.…Then I'll do the same thing for this bottom stop.…For the top stop, let's also change the alpha channel.…
- Navigating the canvas
- Creating wireframes
- Working with shapes, text, images, and masks
- Managing layers
- Creating and nesting symbols
- Using the Vector tool
- Extending Sketch with design plugins
- Creating, sharing, and managing libraries
- Collaborating with Sketch Cloud
- Exporting assets
- Creating style guides and design systems
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Design System with Sketchwith Anne Grundhoefer1h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Navigating the canvas2m 51s
2. Creating Wireframes
3. Visual Design and Symbols
Creating a library6m 44s
5. Prototyping and Collaboration
6. Exporting and Asset Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.