Utilizing a style guides is vital to helping keep everyone on your team in-step through the design process. In this video, we discuss how to set up a style guide in Sketch.
- [Narrator] Before we get into building projects,…let's talk about styles…and building a style guide for our projects.…Style guides are a super helpful way to keep you,…your team, your client,…whether that's internal or external,…on the same page as to the components…and the styling of your project.…Shared styles in Sketch lay down the rules…for the rest of your design.…The styles are the captain of the ship.…They are the ones who command…the primary colors of a project, set the typographic rules,…as well as setting up the basic rules for things like…buttons, links, container colors, patterns,…really anything you can think of within design.…
The benefit to setting these up front…is that you'll really only need to change…a small number of items later on…if your client changes their mind.…So while many established companies…will already have a style guide in place,…our client, Landon Hotel,…wants to overhaul their entire site,…and so they're gonna have to set up a new style guide…in order to do that.…Therefore, we're gonna build that out…
- Extending Sketch
- Building a style guide
- Using styles and symbols
- Working with artboards
- Making responsive wireframes
- Using responsive design plugins: Artboard Zoom, Sketch Focus, Craft, and more
- Exporting your design
- Building a mobile app for iOS, Android, or watchOS
- Integrating other tools in your Sketch workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Using Outside Resources
2. Beyond the Basics
3. Responsive Design
4. Mobile Design
5. Extending beyond Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.