Style guides and design systems are tools that help keep digital products consistent and keep designs in sync. This video discusses zeroheight and the InVision Design System Manager, which are a few style guide creation tools that integrate well with Sketch.
- [Instructor] When we're building digital products…it's really challenging to keep everything consistent…and to make sure that all the different screens…and components and features of the product…feel like they belong together…and that they're working towards the same vision and goals.…Style guides and design systems can help with this.…Now this is a big topic…and we won't be able to cover it all in this course.…But basically, style guides and design systems…are some of the ways we can document…the important visual elements…and components of our designs…along with some rules and guidelines…for how to use them and put them together.…
And there are a few plugins and tools for Sketch…that can make it easier to create…this kind of documentation.…First there's Zeroheight,…Zeroheight is a tool…that you can use to create a style guide.…To get started,…you can sign-up for an account at zeroheight.com…and then from the user profile menu…you'll be able to download the plugin.…Once you unzip the plugin…you can double click to install it…
- Navigating the canvas
- Creating wireframes
- Working with shapes, text, images, and masks
- Managing layers
- Creating and nesting symbols
- Using the Vector tool
- Extending Sketch with design plugins
- Creating, sharing, and managing libraries
- Collaborating with Sketch Cloud
- Exporting assets
- Creating style guides and design systems
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Design System with Sketchwith Anne Grundhoefer1h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Navigating the canvas2m 51s
2. Creating Wireframes
3. Visual Design and Symbols
Creating a library6m 44s
5. Prototyping and Collaboration
6. Exporting and Asset Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.