In this video, we discuss the Sketch Toolbox, which is one resource you can use to extend Sketch with ease. We'll cover using it to install and uninstall plugins.
- Sketch Toolbox is a great little tool that you will come to love, it is a great resource to easily install and uninstall plugins whenever you need them within Sketch. There's really not a lot to it, it's a free resource, and it's really really great it'll really help your workflow. So let's go to Chrome, and go to sketchtoolbox.com, download the data, let's go ahead and install it, we'll say yeah, sure, check automatically, and voila, there is our resource.
Now, you'll see here that there's really, like I said, there's not a lot to it, there's a whole bunch of plugins you can explore to your heart's desire but we're not gonna cover all of these in this course, so feel free to explore what we don't cover. But, just to cover how we do this, so if you go ahead and click install on Aeflowchart, go over to Sketch, go to our plugins, and there you go, there's your plugin. Now if you decide you don't like it, or don't want to use it, you go back here.
You'll note that there's an installed option, so you don't have to scroll through this entire list if you have something that starts with a u or is somewhere down at the bottom of the list. You can just click over to install, and then we're gonna uninstall Aeflowchart, and then if we go back to Sketch, that should have uninstalled, yeah, there we go. So it went ahead and uninstalled our plugin. And that's really it, it's really simple, you'll really come to love it, and it'll help you find plugins to help speed your workflow in Sketch.
- Extending Sketch
- Building a style guide
- Using styles and symbols
- Working with artboards
- Making responsive wireframes
- Using responsive design plugins: Artboard Zoom, Sketch Focus, Craft, and more
- Exporting your design
- Building a mobile app for iOS, Android, or watchOS
- Integrating other tools in your Sketch workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/15/2018. What changed?
A: We updated a new number of videos about third-party resources, such as the Sketch App Sources website and plugins like Marketch and Craft, to reflect the most recent changes to those resources.
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Using Outside Resources
2. Beyond the Basics
3. Responsive Design
4. Mobile Design
5. Extending beyond Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.