- Getting visual inspiration for a project
- Designing the main chat list
- Creating initial symbols
- Designing the conversation screen
- Managing the colors, components, and text sections
- Managing designs with Design System Manager
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Emmanuel] Building great designs is usually a team effort which involves thorough user experience research, planning, and a good execution of those ideas. After the user experience research is completed, and you have user data, the next step is to build a design. If you're looking to build a chat application or feature, while incorporating user experience best practices and you have some knowledge of Sketch, this is the course for you. Hi, I'm Manny Henri, and for every application I've built, I've gone through this exact process we'll be doing here today, and it is my great pleasure to help you learn about how I approach the design of a chat feature workflow. First, we'll do some visual research and planning to make sure that our design is user friendly, and follows a simple workflow. Next, we'll build our design, piece by piece, in Sketch, while learning advanced techniques and user experience best practices. Finally, we'll create a design system inside of InVision, and leveraging the craft tool to export all our assets. So if you're ready to design in Sketch, while learning UX best practices, fire up your Sketch program, and let's get started.