Sketch Libraries can be shared between designers and teams to help keep designs and components in sync across a project and across an organization. This video discusses some of the benefits and drawbacks of different ways to set up shared libraries.
- [Narrator] If you're working on a team,…or even if you've just got two or three designers…working on the same project,…then sharing the same Sketch Libraries will really…help make it easier to design together…and keep everything in sync.…There are a few different options for sharing libraries.…The most basic way to share is for one person…to put the file on a shared drive,…somewhere where all the team members can access it.…Then, all the other designers just need to…pull that same shared Library file…into their own Sketch App.…This can work, especially if you have…one central person who's managing and making changes…to the Library.…
That person can save the changes their file,…and then all the other designers will…get a 'Library Updates Available' message inside Sketch,…and they'll be able to see those changes,…and decide whether they want to pull the changes…into their own files.…Any shared drive will work,…as long as all the other designers can get to the file,…so you can use Google Drive, or Dropbox,…or if your company has an internal shared drive,…
- Navigating the canvas
- Creating wireframes
- Working with shapes, text, images, and masks
- Managing layers
- Creating and nesting symbols
- Using the Vector tool
- Extending Sketch with design plugins
- Creating, sharing, and managing libraries
- Collaborating with Sketch Cloud
- Exporting assets
- Creating style guides and design systems
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Design System with Sketchwith Anne Grundhoefer1h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Navigating the canvas2m 51s
2. Creating Wireframes
3. Visual Design and Symbols
Creating a library6m 44s
5. Prototyping and Collaboration
6. Exporting and Asset Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.