Some design elements, like headers, footers, and app navigation bars, need to be fixed to the top or bottom of the screen. This video demonstrates how to set up fixed or pinned elements when prototyping in Sketch.
- [Speaker] Before we start,…I want to mention that I've added…a few more icons and a navigation bar…to the symbols page in our file,…so we can use them in our prototype.…So if you've just watched the last video in this course,…go ahead and open up the new exercise file for this video…and you'll have those symbols.…We'll be using some of these symbols in this video.…If you are not familiar with symbols,…then you might want to also take a few minutes…and watch the creating symbols video…from chapter 3 of this course.…When we have elements like this navigation bar…or fixed headers or status bars,…a lot of the time we'll want those things…to stay pinned in place when we're scrolling through…the screens in our prototype.…
And Sketch makes it really easy to do that.…So let's go to our app design page now,…and hold the shift button,…and select some of these status bars…that are at the top of our art boards.…We'll leave out the view all recipe screen…because we'll do that one separately.…Now that we've got these status bars selected,…
- Navigating the canvas
- Creating wireframes
- Working with shapes, text, images, and masks
- Managing layers
- Creating and nesting symbols
- Using the Vector tool
- Extending Sketch with design plugins
- Creating, sharing, and managing libraries
- Collaborating with Sketch Cloud
- Exporting assets
- Creating style guides and design systems
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Design System with Sketchwith Anne Grundhoefer1h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Navigating the canvas2m 51s
2. Creating Wireframes
3. Visual Design and Symbols
Creating a library6m 44s
5. Prototyping and Collaboration
6. Exporting and Asset Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.