Sketch has an iOS application called Sketch Mirror that can be used to preview Sketch designs on iOS devices. This video gives a brief walkthrough of Sketch Mirror and shows how to use it to preview a prototype in Sketch.
- [Narrator] Sketch has an IOS app called Sketch Mirror…that we can use to preview our designs and prototypes…on IOS devices.…To get started, you can download Sketch Mirror…from the app store,…and then to connect over a Wi-Fi,…you'll just need to make sure…that your computer is connected…to the same wireless network as your phone or iPad.…If you're connecting to Sketch Mirror through Wi-Fi,…as soon as you open it up on your device,…you'll get a message up here in the corner…so that you can connect.…I'm not seeing that message right now…because I'm actually connected to Sketch Mirror…with a USB cable, which is another way that you can connect,…and it's a little easier if you're working…in a corporate environment…or if you have any issues with your Wi-Fi.…
Once you're connected, then you can open up the Mirror app…on your device, and you'll be able to preview the pages,…art boards, and symbols from your sketch file…on your iPhone or iPad.…We can tap on our launch screen,…and then we'll be able to see how it looks on the phone.…
- Navigating the canvas
- Creating wireframes
- Working with shapes, text, images, and masks
- Managing layers
- Creating and nesting symbols
- Using the Vector tool
- Extending Sketch with design plugins
- Creating, sharing, and managing libraries
- Collaborating with Sketch Cloud
- Exporting assets
- Creating style guides and design systems
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Design System with Sketchwith Anne Grundhoefer1h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Navigating the canvas2m 51s
2. Creating Wireframes
3. Visual Design and Symbols
Creating a library6m 44s
5. Prototyping and Collaboration
6. Exporting and Asset Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.