Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing the small artboard, part of Learn Sketch: The Basics.
- So now we're ready to take our medium sized screen design…and adjust it down to a smaller screen size.…I'll get the 600 pixel artboard here…in the center of the canvas.…The first thing we're going to do…is adjust the layout settings.…Now unlike the changes we did…from large to medium screens,…these changes are going to be a little bit more significant.…We'll start by adjusting the layout settings…to a six column grid.…Then for the header, we're going to scale our logo,…and we're going to remove the navigation,…and replace it with the mobile menu.…
For the main section, we're going to have…the content flow to the right-hand side of the icons,…along with some other adjustments.…We'll also stack our content in the atmosphere section,…and in the How-To section,…we'll put our content next to the photographs,…similar to what we'll be doing in the main section,…and then we're not going to make…any significant changes to the footer area.…Back in our design file,…let's come over here to the layer's panel.…Let's select the 600 pixel artboard,…
- Creating pages and artboards
- Adding a navigation bar
- Creating a logo
- Drawing custom shape-based icons
- Building links
- Adjusting layouts for medium screens
- Adapting layouts for small screens
- Exporting artboards and assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Design and Layout
2. Creating Layouts for Medium Screens
3. Adapting Your Design to Small Screens
4. Saving and Exporting Assets
Where to go from here1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.