When you’re working on a visual design in Sketch, it’s important to pay attention to the pixel alignment of shapes and layers in Sketch. When shapes and layers are aligned to half or partial-pixel values, the design can look blurry instead of crisp. In this video, learn how to be sure shapes and layers are aligned to full pixels, and how to show the pixels on the screen.
- [Instructor] If we want our designs to look crisp…and sharp when we export them,…then we'll need to pay attention to pixel alignment…while we're designing.…So let's take a closer look at that.…I'll command + click on this circle,…and then hit command + 2 to zoom in…and command + plus to zoom a little bit more.…When we first select a shape like this,…we'll see these resizing handles,…but if we double-click on the shape,…then we'll see the control points and curves…that the shape is actually made of.…Sketch is a vector-based design tool,…which means that under the hood,…all of the shapes we create in Sketch…are really made up of these control points and paths.…
They're not actually made out of pixels.…Our vector shapes will be converted into pixels though…whenever we export our designs.…So to see how those pixels are going to look,…we can enable this Show Pixel setting under the View menu.…This same setting is available under…View > Canvas > Show Pixels on Zoom,…or we can use the keyboard shortcut, which is control + p,…
- Navigating the canvas
- Creating wireframes
- Working with shapes, text, images, and masks
- Managing layers
- Creating and nesting symbols
- Using the Vector tool
- Extending Sketch with design plugins
- Creating, sharing, and managing libraries
- Collaborating with Sketch Cloud
- Exporting assets
- Creating style guides and design systems
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Design System with Sketchwith Anne Grundhoefer1h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Navigating the canvas2m 51s
2. Creating Wireframes
3. Visual Design and Symbols
Creating a library6m 44s
5. Prototyping and Collaboration
6. Exporting and Asset Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.