The web is full of open-source materials to use. Specifically, Google has fonts you can download and install in your system. In this video, we discuss how to download, install, and use open-source fonts.
- [Instructor] Before we get into text styles,…let's go ahead and import the Google Open Sans font.…This is an open-source font…that we can pull down for free from Google Fonts…and we can utilize within any of our Sketch files.…Open-source fonts are really, really great.…They give us an opportunity…to extend beyond our system fonts.…They don't cost us anything.…So, again, let's go over to Google.com/fonts…and we'll go ahead and learn how to download…and install those fonts to be able to use them in Sketch.…
You'll notice that, right now,…we're looking at Google Fonts…and there's a whole plethora of open-source fonts…that you can use in your projects…and from here, we can go ahead and download…and add fonts to our collection on our computers…to go ahead and use in Sketch.…So, in this case, let's go ahead and take Open Sans…and here you see add to collection.…Go ahead and click add to collection…and then down here at the bottom,…you see that it's added to our collection,…the one font family Open Sans Normal 400,…
- Extending Sketch
- Building a style guide
- Using styles and symbols
- Working with artboards
- Making responsive wireframes
- Using responsive design plugins: Artboard Zoom, Sketch Focus, Craft, and more
- Exporting your design
- Building a mobile app for iOS, Android, or watchOS
- Integrating other tools in your Sketch workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Using Outside Resources
2. Beyond the Basics
3. Responsive Design
4. Mobile Design
5. Extending beyond Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.