Sketch has quite a few keyboard shortcuts that make it easier to navigate through a design file. This video shows how to pan across the canvas, how to use the Zoom tool, and how to use keyboard shortcuts to zoom in and out quickly.
- [Instructor] There are quite a few shortcuts in Sketch…that make it much easier to move around our files.…So before we get too far into our project,…let's take a look at some of those.…We can start by opening up one of the ready-made templates…that comes along with Sketch.…Let's go up to the File menu and select New from Template…and open up the Material Design template here.…This template file has a lot of stuff in it…so it'll be a good place to practice moving…around the canvas.…To get around the canvas, we can scroll…with the mouse of course, but the easiest…and most precise way to move around is to pan.…
We can pan around the canvas by holding…down the spacebar and then clicking and dragging to move…the canvas exactly where we want it to go.…Panning like this gives us a lot of control…so we can really move around our design file quickly.…Next let's take a look at how we can zoom.…To zoom in and out, we can use the plus…and minus symbols up here where it says…Zoom in the toolbar or we can use the command plus…
- Navigating the canvas
- Creating wireframes
- Working with shapes, text, images, and masks
- Managing layers
- Creating and nesting symbols
- Using the Vector tool
- Extending Sketch with design plugins
- Creating, sharing, and managing libraries
- Collaborating with Sketch Cloud
- Exporting assets
- Creating style guides and design systems
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Design System with Sketchwith Anne Grundhoefer1h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Navigating the canvas2m 51s
2. Creating Wireframes
3. Visual Design and Symbols
Creating a library6m 44s
5. Prototyping and Collaboration
6. Exporting and Asset Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.