When building a mobile app, you'll need to built out an icon to be used as the launching point of your app. In this video, we discuss how to build mobile app icons in Sketch.
- In this section we'll go ahead…and talk about mobile app icons.…Before you really start getting into…designing mobile app icons.…It's best to check out the interface guidelines,…for Google material design, and Apple interface guidelines.…Here on the material design website…we can look at all the different expectations…such as things need to be bold, graphic, and intentional.…Material is used as a metaphor.…Motion provides meaning.…
Now, unless you're a designer,…that may not mean a lot to you,…but Google does give a lot of options…to learn more about how to design in this manner.…Including specifically for us,…we want to go to Style, Icons,…and this will give us all the information we need to know…for developing and designing icons, for Google.…Now for Apple, the human interface guidelines…also covers a lot of the general design principles,…like consistency, clarity, depth.…
But then if we want to know more…about how to design an icon,…then we go into Graphics, App Icons,…and this will give us all the information we need to know.…
- Extending Sketch
- Building a style guide
- Using styles and symbols
- Working with artboards
- Making responsive wireframes
- Using responsive design plugins: Artboard Zoom, Sketch Focus, Craft, and more
- Exporting your design
- Building a mobile app for iOS, Android, or watchOS
- Integrating other tools in your Sketch workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/15/2018. What changed?
A: We updated a new number of videos about third-party resources, such as the Sketch App Sources website and plugins like Marketch and Craft, to reflect the most recent changes to those resources.
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Using Outside Resources
2. Beyond the Basics
3. Responsive Design
4. Mobile Design
5. Extending beyond Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.