In this video, we talk about mobile app design, what we need to be thinking about, how different Android and iOS are, and how to begin designing a mobile app in Sketch.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Narrator] In this video,…we will cover mobile design in Sketch.…Sketch makes designing for mobile apps an absolute breeze.…In design programs like Photoshop and Illustrator,…there's a lot of thinking that needs to be done…around sizing before you begin,…and even after you're done designing your app.…Sketch, however, does the heavy lifting for you,…which greatly speeds up your process.…We'll be talking about considerations…between Android and iOS.…For example, when designing with Android,…especially aiming to port…an existing iOS application to Android,…there's a view gotchas and major considerations.…
Even porting an app from Android to iOS,…you can still run into problems, too.…iOS users tend to be very familiar…with the design of their entire OS,…and consequently, will notice when you're attempting…to get things past them by making it look like Android.…Some other things to consider are screen resolution.…Designing for iOS is a bit more straightforward…in that there aren't as many screen resolutions…to consider or aim to accommodate.…
- Extending Sketch
- Building a style guide
- Using styles and symbols
- Working with artboards
- Making responsive wireframes
- Using responsive design plugins: Artboard Zoom, Sketch Focus, Craft, and more
- Exporting your design
- Building a mobile app for iOS, Android, or watchOS
- Integrating other tools in your Sketch workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
UX Design Tools: Flinto for Macwith Nathan Manousos52m 49s Beginner
1. Using Outside Resources
2. Beyond the Basics
3. Responsive Design
4. Mobile Design
5. Extending beyond Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.