Sketch has a free mirroring tool built right into the app in order to prototype. In this video, we discuss how to leverage Sketch Mirror to see our designs in an iOS device.
- [Narrator] In this video, we'll talk about Mirror.…Bohemian Coding built this tool within Sketch,…and it allows you to view your designs on any iOS device.…It's quick and incredibly easy to use.…Currently this only works on Apple-related products,…so you cannot use it on Android devices.…However, there's other ways to prototype those,…and we'll cover that.…If you haven't already,…you need to go to the Apple App Store…to download Sketch Mirror to your phone.…When you first open it,…it will ask you to have both devices…attached to the same Wi-Fi…and it should find the connection.…
In Sketch, you'll see the option of Mirror…up here in the right hand corner.…If you click that, it should tether to your device…and automatically pull up the designs once we get into it.…Once your device is tethered, go ahead and open the app.…And you'll see because we left it on the Watch art board…that that's the first thing that comes up.…So we can literally look at every design we did…on an iOS device.…And it should, if you make any changes to any of these,…
- Extending Sketch
- Building a style guide
- Using styles and symbols
- Working with artboards
- Making responsive wireframes
- Using responsive design plugins: Artboard Zoom, Sketch Focus, Craft, and more
- Exporting your design
- Building a mobile app for iOS, Android, or watchOS
- Integrating other tools in your Sketch workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
UX Design Tools: Flinto for Macwith Nathan Manousos52m 49s Beginner
1. Using Outside Resources
2. Beyond the Basics
3. Responsive Design
4. Mobile Design
5. Extending beyond Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.