- Creating pages and artboards
- Adding a navigation bar
- Creating a logo
- Drawing custom shape-based icons
- Building links
- Adjusting layouts for medium screens
- Adapting layouts for small screens
- Exporting artboards and assets
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi my name is Chris Converse and I'd like to welcome you to this course, where we'll be learning the basics of Sketch. Sketch is a design and layout tool that's been gaining popularity in the design community and is being used to design everything from logos and brand identity, to mobile application interfaces, to full fledged responsive website design. In this course we'll be creating layouts for a responsive website design and this will give us the opportunity to use many of the features in Sketch that will help us finish our project more efficiently. We'll be using multiple artboards, making use of text and object styles, creating reusable symbols for both content and artwork, as well as drawing our own custom icons using Sketch's vector drawing tools.
And once we've completed our layouts we'll make use of Sketch's powerful export tools allowing us to share artboards as PNGs and JPEGs as well as multi-page PDFs and we'll generate ready to use high-definition web graphics directly from our final layouts. And finally the exercise files for this course are available to all members. So with all of this ground to cover download your files and lets start learning the basics of Sketch.