Installing plugins in Sketch without Sketch Toolbox can be complex and confusing. In this video, we discuss how to install plugins without Sketch Toolbox.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] In this video,…we're going to go through how to install plug-ins…that we downloaded from the internet.…Now, no matter where you get your plug-in,…whether it's from a Google search,…or it's from sketchapp.com,…or even Sketch app resources…where you find some plug-ins, as well.…No matter where you get your plug-in, in some cases,…because it's not a plug-in…you can easily install through the Sketch toolbox,…you're going to just have to download…and install it in a little more convoluted sort of fashion.…
So, let's walk through how to do that.…Let's say here, we see this Sketch Measure…that helps us to measure things within our design specs…so that we can go ahead and give those measurements…to the developers.…We'll go here, we'll click on it, and it takes us to gethub.…From here we want to clone, or download.…So, go ahead and click on Download Zip.…Go ahead and Show in Finder,…and there we go.…
It's in our downloads folder…and we can just double-click and, there we go.…There's our plug-in.…No, you'll note if you go to Sketch,…
- Extending Sketch
- Building a style guide
- Using styles and symbols
- Working with artboards
- Making responsive wireframes
- Using responsive design plugins: Artboard Zoom, Sketch Focus, Craft, and more
- Exporting your design
- Building a mobile app for iOS, Android, or watchOS
- Integrating other tools in your Sketch workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
UX Design Tools: Flinto for Macwith Nathan Manousos52m 49s Beginner
1. Using Outside Resources
2. Beyond the Basics
3. Responsive Design
4. Mobile Design
5. Extending beyond Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.