Sketch comes with a few templates and several artboards to build out a mobile application. In this video, we explore how to utilize these artboards and templates to build out your mobile apps.
- [Instructor] In this video, we'll be covering…iOS app design.…Inside Sketch, we already have brought in iPhone 6 Artboard.…Again, if you need any more, go ahead and tap…the A on the keyboard, and you'll note…that they're all available to you on the right-hand side.…Let's go ahead and escape out of that.…And another nice thing about Sketch is that…you can go to File, New From Template,…and you see all of these templates that we have…available to us, let's go ahead and select…the iOS UI Design.…Now, it's gonna ask us for the San Francisco font.…
It is strongly encouraged by Apple…to use the San Francisco font in your mobile app designs,…and you can download it from the developer website.…For now, we're just gonna go ahead and move forward,…so go ahead and click Open.…And you'll see that Sketch has made available to us…a plethora of different symbols that…we can use in our designs.…This just helps speed our workflow.…So in order to bring these into our document,…'cause right now it's a completely separate document,…
- Extending Sketch
- Building a style guide
- Using styles and symbols
- Working with artboards
- Making responsive wireframes
- Using responsive design plugins: Artboard Zoom, Sketch Focus, Craft, and more
- Exporting your design
- Building a mobile app for iOS, Android, or watchOS
- Integrating other tools in your Sketch workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/15/2018. What changed?
A: We updated a new number of videos about third-party resources, such as the Sketch App Sources website and plugins like Marketch and Craft, to reflect the most recent changes to those resources.
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Using Outside Resources
2. Beyond the Basics
3. Responsive Design
4. Mobile Design
5. Extending beyond Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.