Using Illustrator alongside Sketch can really help when building icons for your designs. In this video, we discuss how to leverage Illustrator to create icons in Sketch.
- [Narrator] In this section, we'll explore…how to leverage Illustrator with Sketch.…While Sketch is a powerful tool for what it offers,…illustration, icon creation, and drawing,…are really what Illustrator does best.…Our client, Landon Hotel, has offered us…a little key card illustration…that, as of yet, is not a vector image.…Now, we need it to be a vector image…in order to bring it into our design.…So, let's go ahead and go into Illustrator…and pull up the key card AI file.…
Now, we have this image here sitting on our artboard,…let's go ahead and select it,…go up to Object,…Image Trace, Make and Expand,…go ahead and hit OK.…Illustrator will go ahead and trace our image,…so that we can go ahead…and move it back over…into Sketch as a vector file.…So, let's get rid of the extra that we don't need,…which is usually stuff like this white stuff.…And sometimes it takes a little bit of futzing…in Illustrator to get down to what we want,…so you just kinda have to click around,…move back and forth between groups…until you kinda get to where you want to go.…
- Extending Sketch
- Building a style guide
- Using styles and symbols
- Working with artboards
- Making responsive wireframes
- Using responsive design plugins: Artboard Zoom, Sketch Focus, Craft, and more
- Exporting your design
- Building a mobile app for iOS, Android, or watchOS
- Integrating other tools in your Sketch workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/15/2018. What changed?
A: We updated a new number of videos about third-party resources, such as the Sketch App Sources website and plugins like Marketch and Craft, to reflect the most recent changes to those resources.
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Using Outside Resources
2. Beyond the Basics
3. Responsive Design
4. Mobile Design
5. Extending beyond Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.