The power of Sketch is in the community and the many templates and plugins that are free and available to you online. Finding and utilizing these plugins and resources is a great way to extend Sketch to it's fullest.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] Now while Sketch is great for UI design…and that's really what it focuses on,…it also has some really great opportunity…to extend it beyond just the simple vanilla version…that you get when you first download it…that really is powerful,…but then what if you're trying to do stuff like information…architecture and you want to be able to create a site map…or what if you want to find a way to create…a really dynamic button…or what if you wanted to be able to bring in content…from the Internet so that you can move faster…throughout your application?…Sketch has some really great ways to do that…and you can go ahead and extend it…not only with things like templates…that you can download from the Internet,…there's a bunch of free resources,…but you can also use plugins,…you can create your own custom keyboard shortcuts…and there's even a simple prototyping tool…that comes with Sketch.…
There's also some plugins that allow you to extend Sketch…into some other simple prototyping tools…like InVision or Flinto or Simply,…
- Extending Sketch
- Building a style guide
- Using styles and symbols
- Working with artboards
- Making responsive wireframes
- Using responsive design plugins: Artboard Zoom, Sketch Focus, Craft, and more
- Exporting your design
- Building a mobile app for iOS, Android, or watchOS
- Integrating other tools in your Sketch workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
UX Design Tools: Flinto for Macwith Nathan Manousos52m 49s Beginner
1. Using Outside Resources
2. Beyond the Basics
3. Responsive Design
4. Mobile Design
5. Extending beyond Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.