Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting assets to bitmap formats, part of Sketch Essential Training: The Basics (2015).
- So now we're going to explore exporting individual assets…from our artboards into individual files…that we can use on the final website.…So I'll come over here to the Desktop,…create a new folder.…You can either right-click and choose Create New Folder,…or you can hit cmd shift N.…Then I'll name this assets,…then I'll open this up,…so now we can export all of our contents to this folder.…Let's go back to our Sketch document.…What we're going to do first…is let's target artwork inside of the large screen.…
So in the layers panel I'll open up the 1200 pixel artboard,…let's open up the header,…let's come down and let's first export the featured_image.…So in the final website we're going to be using…four different graphics…and we're going to switch those graphics out with CSS.…So what we're going to do here in Sketch…is define each of these individual featured images…as a separate graphic.…So for the first featured_image…I'm going to come in here and rename this…to banner_large,…and then press return.…
With this layer group selected…
- Creating pages and artboards
- Adding a navigation bar
- Creating a logo
- Drawing custom shape-based icons
- Building links
- Adjusting layouts for medium screens
- Adapting layouts for small screens
- Exporting artboards and assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Design and Layout
2. Creating Layouts for Medium Screens
3. Adapting Your Design to Small Screens
4. Saving and Exporting Assets
Where to go from here1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.