Sketch has a number of different options for exporting designs and assets. This video walks through some of the basic export settings, demonstrates how to export files at different resolutions, and how to quickly export a .png by dragging from the layers list onto the desktop.
- [Instructor] At some point, you'll find yourself…needing to export designs and assets…so you can share them with your clients,…stakeholders, and developers.…Sharing designs early and often…can help you get better results…because the sooner you can get feedback,…the faster you'll be able to adapt your designs…and get closer to a better finished product.…So let's take a look at some of the export settings…that are available in Sketch.…We can export any layer or artboard in our design.…Let's select our logo group from the Launch screen…and then we can click Make Exportable…in the Inspector panel.…
This will open up a set of options…we can select for our exported files.…The size here defaults to 1x,…but we can select 2x to double the resolution.…Or 0.5x for half size.…And we can also type in custom resolutions like 3x and 4x.…To export a specific pixel size,…we can type a number like 1000…and then use W for width or H for height.…For now, I'll change this back to 1x.…We can select the file type…we want from the format drop down.…
- Navigating the canvas
- Creating wireframes
- Working with shapes, text, images, and masks
- Managing layers
- Creating and nesting symbols
- Using the Vector tool
- Extending Sketch with design plugins
- Creating, sharing, and managing libraries
- Collaborating with Sketch Cloud
- Exporting assets
- Creating style guides and design systems
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Design System with Sketchwith Anne Grundhoefer1h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Navigating the canvas2m 51s
2. Creating Wireframes
3. Visual Design and Symbols
Creating a library6m 44s
5. Prototyping and Collaboration
6. Exporting and Asset Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.