Screen resolution and resizing can be the toughest challenge in design. In this video Renata discuses the importance of sizing your files for the right resolution screen and which sizes you need to be using for iOS and Android.
- [Instructor] We talked about screen resolutions and DP, PX, and PT earlier in this course, so all you really need to know at this point is that as you build your screen icons and images, you will need to have high-resolution images at what Apple calls 1x, 2x, and 3x and what Android calls 1x or mdpi, 1.5x or hdpi, 2x or xhdpi, 3x or xxhdpi, or 4x which is also called xxxhdpi.
So what does that mean for you as a designer? Well, if you design your interfaces within Sketch, that app makes it very easy for you to design at 1x and then export at all those sizes. You can also check our library or even Material Design and the Human Interface Guidelines for more information on the subject and how to design at different resolutions.
- Understanding gestures
- Laying out your apps
- Using adaptive views
- Adding animation and interactions
- Setting up notifications
- Understanding differences in the visual design: typography, color, and more
- Accommodating keyboard differences
- Building a complete cross-platform app