Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing the star and pin icons, part of Sketch Essential Training: The Basics (2015).
- Now we'll start working on the next section…of the web design, and we're going to start…by creating those individual icons.…And we're going to draw them inside of Sketch…using Sketch's drawing tools.…So the first two we'll create here will be the star…and the marker.…So let's come over to the Insert panel.…Let's come down to Shape.…Choose Star.…This one will be the easy one.…Click and drag.…I'll hold the Shift key.…We're going to create a star that's about…80 pixels by 80 pixels.…We want to create all of these icons at 80 by 80.…So with this star drawn, let's come up here…to the Zoom tool.…
Let's zoom up on this.…I'll move this over a little bit.…Let's come over to the Properties panel.…Let's come in here and change the size to 80 by 80.…Press Return.…Let's come down here to Fill.…Let's take the Fill off.…Let's come down to Borders.…Let's click on the Color Swatch.…Now we want to use an orange color…that's going to match some of the other elements…in our page.…So let's come in here to the Red property.…We'll type in 203.…
- Creating pages and artboards
- Adding a navigation bar
- Creating a logo
- Drawing custom shape-based icons
- Building links
- Adjusting layouts for medium screens
- Adapting layouts for small screens
- Exporting artboards and assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Design and Layout
2. Creating Layouts for Medium Screens
3. Adapting Your Design to Small Screens
4. Saving and Exporting Assets
Where to go from here1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.