Sketch has an active community of third-party developers who have created plugins to extend and improve Sketch’s native capabilities. This video demonstrates how to find and install plugins for Sketch.
- [Instructor] The Sketch team has made it possible…for any developer who wants to…to create their own plug in for Sketch.…And they've opened it up so that developers…can access all of Sketch's internal functions…in order to modify them.…So if there's a feature you're looking for…and Sketch doesn't have it out of the box,…you might be able to find a plug in for it.…To find and install plug ins,…we can go to sketchapp.com and click on Extensions.…There are a few featured plug ins here on the main page,…but if we click See All…then we'll be able to browse through the whole list.…
For today, let's search for a plug in called…Sketch Runner.…We'll search for runner.…It's a pretty popular command line tool for Sketch…that's similar to Spotlight in Mac OS.…We can click on the link…and that will take us over to sketchrunner.com…where we can download the plug in.…Once we unzip the file…then to install it we just need to click on this…runner.sketch plug in file…and that's all there is to it.…Whenever we want to install any new plug in…
- Navigating the canvas
- Creating wireframes
- Working with shapes, text, images, and masks
- Managing layers
- Creating and nesting symbols
- Using the Vector tool
- Extending Sketch with design plugins
- Creating, sharing, and managing libraries
- Collaborating with Sketch Cloud
- Exporting assets
- Creating style guides and design systems
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Design System with Sketchwith Anne Grundhoefer1h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Navigating the canvas2m 51s
2. Creating Wireframes
3. Visual Design and Symbols
Creating a library6m 44s
5. Prototyping and Collaboration
6. Exporting and Asset Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.