There are a number of design handoff tools that integrate with Sketch to help make it easier to share design specifications and assets with developers. This video gives a brief overview of the Zeplin app and discusses the InVision Inspect feature.
- [Instructor] There are a few…design handoff tools out there…that can help make it easier to share designs and assets…with your development team.…Zeplin is a handoff tool that works really well with Sketch.…To try it out you can go to zeplin.io…and sign up for an account.…Then you'll be able to download and install the Mac app,…which will also automatically install…the Zeplin Sketch plug in for you.…We won't go over all the features of Zeplin…in this video,…but I've got an account already set up here…so you can see how it will look…after you've already uploaded a few things.…Your developers will be able to click on your project…and then click on the designs you've uploaded…and start checking out all of the sizes and spacing.…
Any slices or layers that you've marked for export…will be available here in the Assets section.…And if we go back out to the main project…here in the Style Guide section…all of the colors, text styles, and components…you've added will be there…along with some code that developers can copy.…
- Navigating the canvas
- Creating wireframes
- Working with shapes, text, images, and masks
- Managing layers
- Creating and nesting symbols
- Using the Vector tool
- Extending Sketch with design plugins
- Creating, sharing, and managing libraries
- Collaborating with Sketch Cloud
- Exporting assets
- Creating style guides and design systems
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Design System with Sketchwith Anne Grundhoefer1h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Navigating the canvas2m 51s
2. Creating Wireframes
3. Visual Design and Symbols
Creating a library6m 44s
5. Prototyping and Collaboration
6. Exporting and Asset Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.