As designers working fast is vital. Utilizing customize keyboard shortcuts can help speed workflow. In this video, we discuss how to set them up for Sketch.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] In this video, we'll cover how to create…our own custom keyboard shortcuts for Sketch.…This is a really neat little tool that we can use…to really speed our workflow,…especially if we're doing something really repetitive…such as doing a lot of uppercase/lowercase…sort of movement in design.…So let's go ahead and go to the Open Apple menu,…go to System Preferences, go to Keyboard.…Go to Shortcuts, go to App Shortcuts.…
Go ahead and click the Add icon down here.…Then from here, we can see all the applications…within our system, but for this, we just want Sketch.…Let's call this Uppercase, and any time we wanna…go ahead and pull this in and use this,…let's say we wanna do Shift, Open Apple, or Command,…view, and that'll give us our Uppercase.…We can go ahead and add it.…Now let's go to Sketch, and let's create a new file.…
Insert some text.…We'll just throw some random text on.…Command A to select all.…Let's make it black so that we can see it.…Now we wanna make this uppercase, right?…So we do the Shift + Command + U, and there you go.…
- Extending Sketch
- Building a style guide
- Using styles and symbols
- Working with artboards
- Making responsive wireframes
- Using responsive design plugins: Artboard Zoom, Sketch Focus, Craft, and more
- Exporting your design
- Building a mobile app for iOS, Android, or watchOS
- Integrating other tools in your Sketch workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
UX Design Tools: Flinto for Macwith Nathan Manousos52m 49s Beginner
1. Using Outside Resources
2. Beyond the Basics
3. Responsive Design
4. Mobile Design
5. Extending beyond Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.