When you’re working on a visual design in Sketch, it’s important to pay attention to the pixel alignment of shapes and layers in Sketch. When shapes and layers are aligned to half or partial-pixel values, the design can look blurry instead of crisp. In this video, learn how to be sure shapes and layers are aligned to full pixels, and how to show the pixels on the screen.
- [Instructor] Symbols are one…of the coolest features in Sketch.…With Symbols we'll be able…to create reusable design elements…that will all be linked up to a master.…That way, any time we need to make a change…to that element, we can change just the master,…and it'll automatically change all…of the linked Symbols in our file.…We have a lot of these recipe tiles on our home screen,…so this would be a really good place to use a Symbol.…That way we can keep all of those tiles in sync.…To create a Symbol out of this first tile here,…I'll hold down the Command key and then drag…to select all the layers of the tile.…
Then we can either right click and select Create Symbol,…or we can come up to the toolbar,…and click on the Create Symbol button.…Sketch will pull up a dialogue so we can name our Symbol.…I'll call this one recipe tile.…And then it's also asking here if we want…to send this Symbol over to the Symbols page.…Well, we don't have a Symbols page in our document yet,…but Sketch will create one for us…if we leave this box checked.…
- Navigating the canvas
- Creating wireframes
- Working with shapes, text, images, and masks
- Managing layers
- Creating and nesting symbols
- Using the Vector tool
- Extending Sketch with design plugins
- Creating, sharing, and managing libraries
- Collaborating with Sketch Cloud
- Exporting assets
- Creating style guides and design systems
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Design System with Sketchwith Anne Grundhoefer1h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Navigating the canvas2m 51s
2. Creating Wireframes
3. Visual Design and Symbols
Creating a library6m 44s
5. Prototyping and Collaboration
6. Exporting and Asset Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.