Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the logo, part of Learn Sketch: The Basics.
- Now we'll create the logo for this site…using our Type tools.…Now you can follow along using any fonts…if you're not using Open Sans.…So I'm going to move my canvas over here a little bit.…Again, holding the space bar down.…Now come to the Insert menu.…Let's come down to Text.…And click and drag and draw a rather large text block here.…First thing I'm going to do is come over here to Color.…Let's change the color to black.…I'm going to be using the condensed version of Open Sans.…Select, Open Sans, condensed.…
I'm also going to set the Font size really large.…We're going to set this to 55.…I'm also going to set the line spacing to 37.…Then let's come over here and let's type in…the name of our company.…Everyday, hit a return.…Then the word things.…Now at the line setting here, set to 37,…we're getting a slight overlap here.…And then come up here, select the zoom tool.…Click and drag, let's zoom up on this.…
So if I come in here and increase the line height…you'll see that we're getting a space between the letters.…
- Creating pages and artboards
- Adding a navigation bar
- Creating a logo
- Drawing custom shape-based icons
- Building links
- Adjusting layouts for medium screens
- Adapting layouts for small screens
- Exporting artboards and assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Design and Layout
2. Creating Layouts for Medium Screens
3. Adapting Your Design to Small Screens
4. Saving and Exporting Assets
Where to go from here1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.