Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating links and a pull quote, part of Sketch Essential Training: The Basics (2015).
- Now the last two things we need to do for this section…are to add in our hyperlinks for the calls-to-action,…and add in a pull quote.…So first let's add in our hyperlinks.…Going to move the art board over here to the left,…go up to the Insert Menu, let's insert a Text Object.…Down here I'll click and drag.…Then we'll type in Learn More,…then we'll select this, Open Sans Bold, 16.…
Let's come in here to the color.…Let's use the document color orange down here.…And now I also want these hyperlinks to be underlined,…so I'm going to come back up here under the Weight Setting,…under Options, let's click on this,…and let's choose Underline.…Then let's come over here, let's select the text block,…hold the Option key and I'll drag a copy under the…second text block here.…And now to work on the pull quote,…let's come over here to the right hand side…of the how-to section.…
Let's come up to the Insert Menu.…Insert Shape, let's choose a Rectangle again.…Going to have the rectangle come down…about half way down from the image.…
- Creating pages and artboards
- Adding a navigation bar
- Creating a logo
- Drawing custom shape-based icons
- Building links
- Adjusting layouts for medium screens
- Adapting layouts for small screens
- Exporting artboards and assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Design and Layout
2. Creating Layouts for Medium Screens
3. Adapting Your Design to Small Screens
4. Saving and Exporting Assets
Where to go from here1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.