Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the how-to section, part of Learn Sketch: The Basics.
- So now we'll begin working on the next section…which will be the How To Section.…So I'll move my Artboard up a little bit.…Let's come up to the Insert menu,…let's add another Rectangle.…I'm going to make this touch the orange rectangle…from the atmosphere section.…And then I'll make this about 320 pixels tall.…Let's come over and turn off the Borders.…For the Fill let's click on the Color swatch,…let's come down here and set the red to 238,…233 for green, and 218 for blue.…
We'll come back up to our View menu,…let's turn our Layout on again.…Then over to the Insert panel,…let's come down and insert another Rectangle.…We'll use this as a mask.…So in the upper left hand corner,…about equidistant from the spacing of the image…inside of the orange area, so about right here,…we'll click and drag.…And the width of this is going to be 2 1/2 column widths.…So I want this to be about 228 pixels by about 130,…then I'll let go, then back to the Insert menu.…
Let's bring in an Image, let's go to Exercise Files,…into our Photos folder, let's grab seating.jpg, click Open.…
- Creating pages and artboards
- Adding a navigation bar
- Creating a logo
- Drawing custom shape-based icons
- Building links
- Adjusting layouts for medium screens
- Adapting layouts for small screens
- Exporting artboards and assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Design and Layout
2. Creating Layouts for Medium Screens
3. Adapting Your Design to Small Screens
4. Saving and Exporting Assets
Where to go from here1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.