Creating groups can really help keep designs and layers organized in Sketch. In this video, learn how to create and manage layer groups, including some helpful keyboard shortcuts that make it easier to select and edit layers once they’re contained inside a group.
- [Presenter] Creating groups makes it easier…to keep things together so we can move them around…in our design.…And it also makes it easier…to keep our layer list organized.…So let's group this top gallery together now.…We can click and drag to select all the gallery layers,…and then hit cmd+g to group them.…We can also group and ungroup things…from the toolbar up here,…or we can select group from the Arrange menu.…But since we'll be grouping and ungrouping things…all the time, while we're designing,…it's easier to use the keyboard shortcuts,…cmd+g to group, and cmd+shift+g to ungroup.…
When we create a group, we'll see a folder…over in the layer list.…And we can expand and collapse the folder…to see all the layers that are inside the group.…One thing that happens when we create a group,…is that we won't be able to just click…to select individual layers anymore.…It will deselect a group now.…So to edit something inside a group,…like our recipe title here,…we'll need to double click first…to get inside the group,…
- Navigating the canvas
- Creating wireframes
- Working with shapes, text, images, and masks
- Managing layers
- Creating and nesting symbols
- Using the Vector tool
- Extending Sketch with design plugins
- Creating, sharing, and managing libraries
- Collaborating with Sketch Cloud
- Exporting assets
- Creating style guides and design systems
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Design System with Sketchwith Anne Grundhoefer1h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Navigating the canvas2m 51s
2. Creating Wireframes
3. Visual Design and Symbols
Creating a library6m 44s
5. Prototyping and Collaboration
6. Exporting and Asset Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.