Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the atmosphere section, part of Sketch Essential Training: The Basics (2015).
- Now we'll start working on the next section.…This is going to be our atmosphere section.…So, first, let's come back to our View button.…Let's come down and turn on the Show Layout.…Now, these layout rules are a little dark,…so, let's come down here,…let's come down to Layout Settings,…let's come down here for the colors,…let's click on the swatch for Light, and let's come in here,…and let's just bring this down a little bit.…So, I'll make these dark enough so you guys…can see this on the video.…You might want to actually make them much lighter…based on your layout.…
So, I'll bring this to about right here.…Close the color bar, click OK.…Next, let's come up to the Insert panel.…Let's come down to Shape, let's choose Rectangle.…Now we'll come over here and draw a rectangle…under the main section.…Let's come down and let's make the height of this…about 280 pixels.…Using my arrow keys, I'm going to move this up a little bit.…Now, with this new rectangle selected,…let's come over to our fill,…let's click on the Fill swatch,…
- Creating pages and artboards
- Adding a navigation bar
- Creating a logo
- Drawing custom shape-based icons
- Building links
- Adjusting layouts for medium screens
- Adapting layouts for small screens
- Exporting artboards and assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Design and Layout
2. Creating Layouts for Medium Screens
3. Adapting Your Design to Small Screens
4. Saving and Exporting Assets
Where to go from here1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.