Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating 3 columns for the main section, part of Learn Sketch: The Basics.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- So, now we're going to add some content into our…new section, and I want to space all of that content…in three even columns.…So, I'm going to come up here and zoom out.…Move the art board to the center.…And on the toolbar, I'm going to come over here to…the View menu.…I'm going to click on this and come down and choose…Show Layout.…And now, on the art board, we can see all of these…vertical columns here.…Now, to make these match the art board we're working with,…let's go back to the View menu.…Let's come down and choose Layout Settings.…Now, in here, I can change the Width of all of the columns,…the number of columns, the Offset, the Gutter…and the Column Width.…
And some of these properties will change based on things…we do in the other ones.…So, the first thing I typically do is come up…to the Total Width.…And since we're working with a 1200 pixel wide art board,…I'll put in 1200, and then hit Tab.…Now, one thing you'll notice is the very first bar here…is spaced away from the left hand side.…Its Offset is 20 pixels.…
- Creating pages and artboards
- Adding a navigation bar
- Creating a logo
- Drawing custom shape-based icons
- Building links
- Adjusting layouts for medium screens
- Adapting layouts for small screens
- Exporting artboards and assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Design and Layout
2. Creating Layouts for Medium Screens
3. Adapting Your Design to Small Screens
4. Saving and Exporting Assets
Where to go from here1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.