Once you have built your style guide, it's important to bring your color choices into Sketch. Utilizing color styles in Sketch can help speed up your visual design process.
- [Instructor] Okay, let's go ahead…and dig into building color styles.…Now, again, our client here is fairly new…to the digital world, they're just planning…to go ahead and reformat everything that they have…done online into a whole plethora of digital products.…So the first thing we need to do…is really gather a style guide together.…And here's their website, you see a big image…up at the top, you scroll down and you see the nav bar,…and then you can either click through…and then you get this parallax effect…or you could just simply scroll through,…but you can kind of see that they have…some colors in here and some styles,…and so we're just gonna take what they have in their website…and go ahead and get it matched in Sketch…so we can utilize and leverage the colors…and the branding that they've had.…
So let's go ahead and and Command + Control + Shift + 4…and grab this right here,…and we'll move over to Photoshop,…go ahead and get a new document.…Now, Photoshop normally just grabs…whatever is on the clipboard,…
- Extending Sketch
- Building a style guide
- Using styles and symbols
- Working with artboards
- Making responsive wireframes
- Using responsive design plugins: Artboard Zoom, Sketch Focus, Craft, and more
- Exporting your design
- Building a mobile app for iOS, Android, or watchOS
- Integrating other tools in your Sketch workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Using Outside Resources
2. Beyond the Basics
3. Responsive Design
4. Mobile Design
5. Extending beyond Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.