In this video, learn how to quickly and easily arrange shapes in Sketch using the alignment tools, the Grid tool, and the distance measuring tool.
- [Instructor] Sketch has a few tools…that really make it easy to arrange…different shapes on the Canvas.…Let's start putting together the…Home screen in our wire frame now…and we'll see how some of those features work.…For this Home screen, we'll start…by making sort of a header image area…up at the top here. We can drag to select both of these…rectangles from our Launch screen,…use Command + C to copy them…and then click on our Home art board…and use Command + V to paste.…Now let's make these rectangles smaller…so they fit up at the top.…We can click on the Canvas to deselect…and then click on the background rectangle…and change the height to 170 pixels.…
For our logo placeholder let's click on it…and then lock the aspect ratio so it…won't get distorted when we change the size.…Then we can change the width to 115 pixels.…This is one of the times when…we'll want to align a couple of shapes together.…So let's click and drag to select both shapes…and then we can use our Alignment Tools…up at the top of the Inspector panel.…
- Navigating the canvas
- Creating wireframes
- Working with shapes, text, images, and masks
- Managing layers
- Creating and nesting symbols
- Using the Vector tool
- Extending Sketch with design plugins
- Creating, sharing, and managing libraries
- Collaborating with Sketch Cloud
- Exporting assets
- Creating style guides and design systems
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Design System with Sketchwith Anne Grundhoefer1h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Navigating the canvas2m 51s
2. Creating Wireframes
3. Visual Design and Symbols
Creating a library6m 44s
5. Prototyping and Collaboration
6. Exporting and Asset Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.