Android's Material Design has some very different considerations than iOS. In this video, we discuss how to design an Android application's navigation.
- [Instructor] In this video we'll go ahead…and cover Android App Design.…Android design structure is designed in such a way…that the hamburger menu causes the menu…to go over the top of our page.…Unlike iOS where you have your menu…down at he bottom as a toolbar.…So because of that, we're gonna start…with the home page first.…You'll see that I've already brought in the Mobile Portrait.…This is our Android size art board, and again,…if we need more art boards, you always click on the A,…and they'll show up on the right there.…
Also I've already brought in the material design…symbols and stickers, which are the patterns…we'll use for this design.…If you need to be able to get ahold of those,…Sketch out of the box has these templates.…Just like iOS, you go to File, New From Template,…Material Design, and then you can…go ahead and bring those in yourself.…So going back to our Android App Design,…we want to be able to make sure to keep the same branding…look and feel that we had for our iOS design, right?…So if we go back to iOS App Design…
- Extending Sketch
- Building a style guide
- Using styles and symbols
- Working with artboards
- Making responsive wireframes
- Using responsive design plugins: Artboard Zoom, Sketch Focus, Craft, and more
- Exporting your design
- Building a mobile app for iOS, Android, or watchOS
- Integrating other tools in your Sketch workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/15/2018. What changed?
A: We updated a new number of videos about third-party resources, such as the Sketch App Sources website and plugins like Marketch and Craft, to reflect the most recent changes to those resources.
User Experience for Web Designerswith Chris Nodder1h 49m Beginner
1. Using Outside Resources
2. Beyond the Basics
3. Responsive Design
4. Mobile Design
5. Extending beyond Sketch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.