Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting the main section for medium screens, part of Sketch Essential Training: The Basics (2015).
- Now before we start bringing over…some of our content, we want to…turn on our layout settings for the 768 artboard.…So let's come over here to the Layers panel.…Let's select the 768 artboard.…With this selected, let's come up to the View menu,…let's come down and choose Show Layout.…Then we'll go back to the View menu…and come down and choose Layout Settings.…Now, this will probably pick up the settings…that we set for our larger artboard.…So we're going to come in here and…make some adjustments for the 768 size.…So we'll come in here, and we're going to…set the width to 728.…
We're going to set the Offset to 20 pixels.…We'll leave the columns at 12.…Then I'll tab down to the Gutter Width,…and we'll just put 11 in here and then hit Tab.…And now we'll automatically set the…column width to 50.…So with these adjustments, let's come down and click OK.…Then we'll come over here and open up…all the layer groups in the 1200 pixel artboard.…Let's come down and select Main.…Hold the Option key, click and drag,…and let's drag this on top of the 768 artboard layer.…
- Creating pages and artboards
- Adding a navigation bar
- Creating a logo
- Drawing custom shape-based icons
- Building links
- Adjusting layouts for medium screens
- Adapting layouts for small screens
- Exporting artboards and assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Design and Layout
2. Creating Layouts for Medium Screens
3. Adapting Your Design to Small Screens
4. Saving and Exporting Assets
Where to go from here1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.