Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting the banner image and hero content, part of Sketch Essential Training: The Basics.
- Now we'll make adjustments…to the featured image and the hero.…So first, for the featured image,…let's come over here in our layers.…Let's open up the featured_image group.…Let's select the Mask.…With the mask selected,…let's come over to the Inspector Panel.…Let's change the width to 600.…And then we're going to set the height to 160 pixels.…So now, with that position,…let's come over here to the Layers panel.…Let's select the graphic that's inside.…I'll come up here and zoom out a little bit.…
So first, I want to come in here,…and let's resize this graphic.…I want to scale this down to about 1150 pixels wide.…Now, I'll grab this and move it around.…So what I want to do here is see these…three ornaments here,…but I don't want to see a whole bunch of this…background shelf here.…So, I'm also going to come over here…and rotate this a little bit.…I'm going to rotate this to about four or five degrees.…Click on the image and move this down.…At this point, let's come back to our zoom tool.…
Click and drag.…Make sure the object is selected.…
- Creating pages and artboards
- Adding a navigation bar
- Creating a logo
- Drawing custom shape-based icons
- Building links
- Adjusting layouts for medium screens
- Adapting layouts for small screens
- Exporting artboards and assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Design and Layout
2. Creating Layouts for Medium Screens
3. Adapting Your Design to Small Screens
4. Saving and Exporting Assets
Where to go from here1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.