Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjust the navigation and logo area, part of Sketch Essential Training: The Basics (2015).
- The first thing we'll focus on in the header…for this small screen is the logo…and the navigation element.…So I come up here to the toolbar.…Click on the magnification tool, click and drag.…Next, we'll come in here and I'm going to double-click…on the logo so I can select this.…In the inspector panel, make sure…the proportional lock is turned on.…Let's come in here, grab the lower right corner,…and let's scale this until the logo is a height of 42.…So right about here.…Next, let's come down, double-click.…
Let's select the navigation symbol.…Let's simply hit delete.…We're going to remove this completely.…And we're going to replace this…with a mobile navigation icon.…So we're going to need to draw this.…So let's come up to the Insert menu.…Let's come down to Shape, let's choose Oval.…I'm going to click and drag, holding the Shift key.…Once we've drawn a small circle,…let's come over here to the inspector panel.…Let's set the size to five pixels by five pixels.…Next, we'll come down, turn off the borders.…
Click on the swatch for Fill, and we'll set this to white.…
- Creating pages and artboards
- Adding a navigation bar
- Creating a logo
- Drawing custom shape-based icons
- Building links
- Adjusting layouts for medium screens
- Adapting layouts for small screens
- Exporting artboards and assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Design and Layout
2. Creating Layouts for Medium Screens
3. Adapting Your Design to Small Screens
4. Saving and Exporting Assets
Where to go from here1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.